Chapter One of Importance Of The Nigerian Capital Market To Business Organizations Project Material starts from here.
1.1 PROBLEM INDENTIFICATION AND PURPOSE OF STUDY
In this research work, the researcher intends to study the importance of the Nigerian capital market to business organization of this country. Apart from its fund mobilization function, it thus performs intermediacy role by making it possible for those who have surplus funds to be able to loan it out to those in need of it for productive purposes (Orji, 2000)..
The purpose of the study is stated as follows:
1. To determine the extent to which the Nigerian capital market contributes to the development of business organizations
2. To establish the importance of the capital market in semicing the banking an manufacturing sectors of business.
3. to make recommendation on how to improve the operation s of the market which will aid in the development of business organizations and the economy as a whole.
1.2 RATIONALE OF THE STUDY
I decided to write on this topic because of the following reasons;
1. I have special interest in the Nigerian capital market business of its significant role in the banking industry. For example, so many banks are running to the Nigerian capital market to raise funds, so that they can meat up with the new capital base of N25 billion. As a banker, I am supposed to know how the banks raise their funds.
2. I hope that through this project work other people who ar not aware of the importance of the Nigerian capital market will get to know about it after reading my work.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will enlighten the business proprietor on how to raise the much needed capital through the Nigerian capital market to improve his business performance.
This study will also enlighten the general public and investors on the need to invest in the Nigerian capital market.
It will also enable the students to read or study more about the Nigerian Capital market.
The study will also enable other researchers to carryout more research on the topic
Also the authorities who are already conscious of the problems of the stock exchange who benefit from the recommendations of this work for improvement.
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. CAPITAL MARKET: It is a market where long-term goods are obtained or where long term functional assets such as debenture, stock, shares are bought and sold.
2. STOCK MARKET: is an institution in a boarding conceived capital market, consisting of arrangement of mechanisms for raising capital though the initial issue of securities.
3. PRIMARY MARKET: is a market where new securities are traded for the first time by the issuing co-operation.
4. SECOUNDARY MARKET: is a market where second hand o previously issued securities are braded.
5. PRICE EARNING RATION: This represents the current investors re willing to pay for each naira of the forms earning.
6. PRICE EARNING INDEX: Means compilation showing average current market value of common stock compared with their average market value at an earlier base period.
7. CALL OVER: is a method adopted by the Nigerian stock dealers and any interested dealer indicates his interest by going into bidding.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Call (+234) 07030248044.
OTHER SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE PROJECTS AND MATERIALS
A CRITICAL ANALYSIS ON THE USE OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS IN ASSESSING THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA)
ABSTRACT This project work is carried out to examine the contribution of micro finance banks to the development of Small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria. The Brass micro finance bank is used a...Continue reading »
A STUDY ON THE ACCEPTANCE AND ADOPTION OF THE CBN CASHLES POLICY IN PORT HARCOURT, NIGERIA
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY One of the prerequisites for the development of national economy according to Ajayi et al, 2006 is by encouraging a payment system that is secu...Continue reading »
A STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF BUDGETARY CONTROLS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF FIDELITY BANK PLC)
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY AND PROFILE OF THE ORGANIZATION Following the uncertainties prevailing in the Nigerian business environment today, managers and stakeholders mu...Continue reading »
ANALYZING PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL TECHNIQUES IN UNION BANK NIG PLC
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In any evaluation of the condition necessary for the growth and survival of an organization, the role of performance appraisal is a strategic f...Continue reading »
AUDIT INDEPENDENCE: ENHANCING ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN CORPORATE ORGANIZATIONS
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The subject of transparency and accountability in modern day corporate organizations has continued to receive attention as never before. It has b...Continue reading »
CREDIT MANAGEMENT AND ISSUES OF BAD DEBTS IN COMMERCIAL BANKS IN NIGERIA
The article on this topic (credit management and issues of bad debts in commercial banks in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project work would be ma...Continue reading »
What are looking for today?
THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE
79,399 people found this useful
IMPACT OF E-LEARNING ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL...
59,679 people found this useful
THE EFFECT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN LEARNING LISTENING COMPREHENSION
54,312 people found this useful
IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON CONSUMER BEHAVIOR
54,053 people found this useful
TAX ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS, A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE BOARD OF INTERN...
51,504 people found this useful
THE EFFECT OF ADVERTISEMENT ON CONSUMER BRAND PREFERENCE
49,537 people found this useful